Policy brief & purpose
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions, We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. If so, we will update you as soon as possible by email.
This coronavirus policy applies to all of our employees and sub-contractors. We strongly recommend that all employees and sub-contractors read through this action planl, to ensure we collectively and uniformly respond to this challenge.
Sick leave arrangements:
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, request sick leave or work from home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can return to the office only after you’ve fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
- If you have recently returned from areas with a high number of COVID-19 cases (based on Governmental advise), you will be required to self-isolate at home for the required period. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, you will be requested to complete a COVID-19 test using the NHS testing system and required to self-isolate for the required period. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- In-person meetings should be done virtually where possible, especially with non-company parties (e.g. candidate interviews and partners).
- Public transport should be used as a last resort where possible.
General hygiene rules:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20-second hand-washing rule). You can also use the sanitizers you’ll find around the office.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Open the windows regularly to ensure open ventilation.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis, avoid close physical contact with your coworkers and take extra precautionary measures (such as requesting sick leave).
- Within the office areas social distancing must always be strictly followed
- The office has been rearranged to ensure a safe working distance between all staff while at their desks
- Due to the size of the kitchen only 1 person is to be in the kitchen area at a time.
- Visitors are currently prohibited from the head office. If a visitor requires to see you then this can be conducted outside as long as social distancing is maintained.
- Operatives are to travel in vans alone where possible.
- Operatives are to use every opportunity to wash their hands through out the day.